INDIANAPOLIS – The Pacers Foundation awarded $74,500 in grants to 20 youth-serving organizations at its recent quarterly board meeting.
Recipients included the continuing sponsorship of the Indiana Youth Institute’s annual Kids Count Conference, which brings together youth-serving professionals from throughout the state. This year’s conference will take place Nov. 26-28 at the Indiana Convention Center.
The Foundation also provided a grant to become the official sponsor of field trips for IPS children to the Eiteljorg Museum of American Indian and Western Art and will continue to provide field trips for school children from across the state to the Indiana State Museum and Historical Sites.
In partnership with the Pacers’ G League team, the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, the Foundation also awarded a grant to the Turnstone Center for Children and Adults with Disabilities in Fort Wayne. That grant will focus on a wheelchair basketball program.
The Foundation also awarded a grant through its Fever Cares Fund for an anti-bullying program in partnership with Playworks Indiana.
“We are grateful to be able to provide support to some of the many organizations in Indiana committed to providing hope and opportunity for our children, especially those at risk,” said Pacers Foundation Chairperson Rick Fuson.
The Foundation is supported by its annual golf outing, the annual Masquerade in partnership with the Simon Youth Foundation, a contribution from CNO Financial Services for every three-point field goal made by a Pacer during games at Bankers Life Fieldhouse and the sale of Foundation license plates through the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
- Boys II Men Mentoring Program, Indianapolis
- Brookside Community Development Corporation, Indianapolis
- Charles Fairbanks Elementary Reading and STEM Programs, Indianapolis
- Coburn Place Safe Haven After-School Program, Indianapolis
- Concord Neighborhood Center After-School Program, Indianapolis
- Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art IPS Field Trips, Indianapolis
- Freetown Village School Presentations, Indianapolis
- Hawthorne Community Center Project Free, Indianapolis
- Indiana Coalition to End Sexual Assault, Indianapolis
- Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites, statewide
- Indiana Youth Institute, Kids Count Conference
- Indianapolis Legal Aid Society guardianship program, Indianapolis
- John Boner Neighborhood Centers EDGE Program, Indianapolis
- Johnson County Youth Services Bureau, Franklin
- Playworks Indiana Anti-Bullying Program, Fever Cares Funds, Indianapolis
- St. Mary’s Child Center School Readiness Program, Indianapolis
- Salvation Army Fountain Square Sports & Beyond Program, Indianapolis
- Southside Youth Council/Reach For Youth Teen Court Program, Indianapolis
- Specialized Alternatives for Families and Youth of Indiana, Indianapolis
- Turnstone Center, Wheelchair Basketball Program, Fort Wayne