PS&E, Foundation Announce 3-Year Partnership to Renovate More Indy Parks Basketball Courts
INDIANAPOLIS – Pacers Sports & Entertainment and the Pacers Foundation Saturday announced a continuation of their partnership with the Indy Parks Foundation to renovate basketball courts within the Indy Parks system.
The three-year, $300,000 commitment was announced during ribbon cutting ceremonies for a newly renovated court at Tarkington Park on the city’s northside.
The partnership represents PS&E’s continuing efforts to build upon its “We Grow Basketball Here” brand. The renovated courts will include Indiana Pacers, Indiana Fever and We Grow Basketball branding. The partnership also continues sponsorship of the Indy Parks youth basketball leagues with the championship games taking place in Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
A previous $1.1 million commitment from the Pacers Foundation and Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL) that began in 2013 has resulted in the construction or renovation of 10 basketball courts throughout the park system, including the first indoor court earlier this year at the Brookside Park Community Center.
“We are delighted to support our beloved Indiana game at all levels,” said Rick Fuson, PS&E President and COO and chairman of the Pacers Foundation. “For many of our youngsters, playing on an Indy Parks court is where they develop their first love for the game and we want as many of them as possible to play on great courts with the best goals. We look forward to investing in our parks, our community and our youth by renovating additional courts throughout the city over the next three years.”
“The Parks Foundation is proud to identify and manage resources for parks, public spaces, and trails throughout Indianapolis,” said Parks Foundation President Lori Hazlett. “We are excited to facilitate initiatives that inspire our great community partners, like the Pacers Foundation and Pacers Sports & Entertainment, to come together and invest in park assets that improve quality of life, connect people to places, and build community.”
PS&E’s other efforts to grow basketball across the state include:
- Presenting sponsorship of the Indiana High School Athletic Association Boys and Girls State Championships
- Presenting sponsorship of the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame’s Silver Medals
- Hosting of the annual Indianapolis Downtown Kiwanis Club’s State Finals luncheon
- Sponsorship of Special Olympics Indiana’s state basketball competition
- Hosting of the annual Crossroads Classic involving Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame and Butler
- Honoring of legendary Indiana teams, coaches and players in the annual Pacers Hickory Night celebrations – including recognizing the four boys and girls high school state championship teams
- The Pacers Athletic Center, part of the Grand Park sports complex in Westfield
- Presentation of Basketball Day in Indiana, in partnership with Fox Sports Indiana.