23 Youth-Serving Agencies Are Recipients
INDIANAPOLIS – At its recent quarterly meeting, the Pacers Foundation board of directors awarded $96,150 in grants to 23 youth-serving organizations throughout Indiana.
Included in that total was the second of a three-year, $75,000 commitment to the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra’s Metropolitan Youth Orchestra. Two grants also were awarded from the Fever Cares fund for organizations supporting programs for girls.
Thus far in its fiscal year, the Foundation has awarded 54 grants totaling $275,650.
- About Special Kids, Indianapolis, parent education for educators of special needs children.
- Arc of Indiana, Erskine-Green Institute, Muncie, hospitality job training for young people with disabilities.
- ArtMix, Indianapolis, program for young people with disabilities to learn arts and craft skills that can aid them in transitioning to workforce.
- Assistance League of Indianapolis, Operation School Bell that provides low-income students clothes, shoes and other necessities.
- Inc., Indianapolis, summer camp for students in grades 3-6 from under-resourced neighborhoods.
- Children’s Bureau, Indianapolis, yoga and meditation training for children in Rachel Glick Courage Center.
- Christel House Academy, Indianapolis, JumpStart program for incoming kindergarten students from low-income neighborhoods.
- Dyslexia Institute of Indiana, Indianapolis, Camp Delafield summer camp for children with dyslexia.
- Euell Wilson Center, Fort Wayne, Academic Excellence summer program for children from low-income areas.
- Gleaners Food Bank, Indianapolis, school-based pantry at John Wooden Middle School in Morgan County.
- Girls Inc. of Jackson County, Seymour, after-school programming for girls, from Fever Cares fund.
- The Gurl Code, Inc,. Indianapolis, STEM program for girls, from Fever Cares fund.
- Hope Academy, Indianapolis, support programming for teenagers battling addiction.
- Indianapolis Public Library Foundation, Indianapolis, summer reading program.
- Junior Achievement of Central Indiana, Indianapolis, JobSpark career expo for area 8th grade students.
- KIPP Indy Public Schools, Indianapolis, arts and music education programs.
- Monroe County YMCA, Bloomington, scholarship program for Into The Wild summer camp.
- Murphy Mentoring Group, Indianapolis, mentoring for high risk youth.
- New Beginnings, Indianapolis, academic summer camp.
- Prevent Child Abuse Indiana, Indianapolis, Child Abuse prevention program for IPS students.
- Mary’s Child Center, Indianapolis, pre-K education.
- Youth First, Evansville, social worker support for at-risk youth.