The Linda Craig Memorial Scholarship
The Linda Craig Memorial Scholarship, presented by St.Vincent Sports Performance, and a program of the Pacers Foundation, Inc., provides scholarships for undergraduate college students presently enrolled in an Indiana college or university. The scholarship is awarded to deserving students with an academic major of physical therapy, athletic training and/or related disciplines.
The scholarship was established in the memory of Linda Lorraine Sharvelle Craig by former Indiana Pacers Athletic Trainer and team administrator, David Craig, and Dr. John Abrams. The scholarship is supported by those who remember Linda and who want to perpetuate her legacy through the scholarship recipients.
Three awards of $2,500 are made each year, which may be used at any accredited four-year Indiana college or university or two-year junior or community college.
Undergraduate students attending an Indiana college or university and studying in the areas of athletic training and/or physical therapy or related disciplines are eligible to apply. Scholarship awards will be paid directly to the college or university of choice to be applied to the student’s tuition bill, and will not be paid directly to the student. The award is not a multi-year guarantee, but winners may reapply in following years.
- Must be currently enrolled in good standing in an undergraduate college program, and must have completed as least one full year.
- Must be outstanding in character, integrity and leadership.
- Must have a declared major in physical therapy, athletic training and/or other related disciplines.
- GPA must be a minimum of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- May not be the recipient of a full scholarship from another organization.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
Those interested in applying for the Linda Craig Memorial Scholarship must complete an official application form. The application deadline is April 15 for the following academic year.